What’s the Site About?
The site’s tagline is, “Reviews and editorials celebrating amazing moments in anime. ”
Since the site went live in August 2015, I’ve tried to publish review of series that showed potential to give us those characters or moments. Many shows, like the second season of Gate, have succeeded. Some like D.Gray-Man HALLOW, have succeeded wildly. Yet others, like Taboo Tattoo… Well, at least they tried! And even watching a show like that, I tried to dig to find hidden gems.
Let’s face it. There’s a lot of negativity in the world. Other sites do a great job covering and discussing that. I want to create a place to focus on the positive.
So if you want to celebrate anime, welcome! Let’s enjoy it together!
I’m big on legal streaming.
Content providers should receive compensation. I’m sure some of them would continue to produce just for the joy of creation, but let’s face it: money buys food.
Food is good.
Food helps animators, writers, and others produce more anime.
So I try to support them any way I can.
I follow these streaming sites:
- Crunchyroll (my favorite!)
- Funimation (great during the day; stutters at night)
- HIDIVE (new kid on the block; working hard to earn viewers!)
- Hulu (seems to have picked up some titles after the Crunchyroll/Funimation split; or maybe that’s coincidental)
If I find a series that I really love, I’ll buy it. iTunes has a decent selection, but recently, they don’t seem to get a lot of the bigger titles. If I can’t find it there, I’ll look on:
Speaking of Amazon and CD Japan, I’m an affiliate for both. If you buy from the Amazon or CD Japan links in my posts, the companies will send a little cash my way. I want to make this clear because a) the Federal Trade Commission (in the United States) says I have to and b) I think it’s important you know where I’m coming from.
I won’t try to sell you junk. I’ll only try to sell merchandise I’ve bought myself or that I’d like to purchase someday.
That being said, if you buy something from a link here and it turns out to be less than what you expect, would you please let me know? Just comment on any post, and I’ll see it.
What Shows Have I Watched?
- Sunday: Other Posts to Crow About AND the collaboration review of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba with Irina from I Drink and Watch Anime
- Monday: Arpeggio of Blue Steel
- Tuesday: Fairy Gone
- Wednesday: Best in Show: Fruits Basket
- Thursday: Best in Show: Midnight occult civil servants
- Friday: Best in Show: One Punch Man
- Randomly: New additions to the Caw Out Awards