Which Were My 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 5?
A sad feline goodbye, a statement of hope beyond time, and a simple hug. What were my 3 favorite moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 5, “Light and Darkness as One ~Churrasco of Indecision and Resolve~”?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 5
Third Favorite Moment: Goodbye Kiiri, and Goodnight
This is a comedy, for God’s sake! And it’s dealing out this kind of tragedy! But being a comedy is why it can land emotional blows like this! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
This episode dropped some seriously cool hints about the wider world – the world that gave the series its title. We’ve seen characters like Ames before. We got a hint that she had something to do with putting Yuuki in this world. What I didn’t know was that Ames’ current world isn’t the only one outside of the world where Yuuki is now. Apparently, Yuuki was friends with a young woman, a little younger than him, who wore a school uniform. Because they were both apparently students. It looks like her name was Kasumi.
And Kiiri? Kasumi’s shadow double? She had been the cat that Kasumi and “other Yuuki” had tracked down.
Distraught that Kiiri was dying right in front of him, Yuuki tried to put forth his powers, but he was too upset, and there was something about who he was, who he had been, and what had happened to him that made it a potential disaster for him to be in that state.
With Yuuki unable to save her, he could only listen as she said, (11:23), “Thank you for feeling sad to say goodbye to me. For wishing that I could continue to exist…”
Beware well-executed comedies. They can deliver the most powerful emotional blows. Princess Strike, indeed!
Second Favorite Moment: Labyrista’s Princess Knight
Labyrista believed in Yuuki, in spite of their dire situation. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Desperate situations create a mood. Capable people, executing at their peak, yet unable to achieve victory – that also creates a mood. In Labyrista I see a leader (did they call her Queen Labyrinth?) who’s fighting a loosing war. I don’t know what happened to Yuuki before, but I remember at the beginning of the previous episode, Labyrista was there, shielding Yuuki from one of Kaiser Insight’s blows. And yet, we also saw Yuuki fall, along with Pecorine, Karyl, and even sweet little Kokkoro.
Where was Labyrista? Where was Ames? I don’t know. But I know they’re all in dire straights.
It’s with that in mind that we come to my second favorite moment. Ames and Labyrista had just sent Yuuki back. They watched as he strove against the shadows. Watching through a portal, Labyrista said she wanted to believe in his courage.
In a quietly longing voice, she added (17:54), “I want to believe my Princess Knight will undoubtedly save everyone from this world.”
No matter how old I get, no matter what I see in the world, I still want to be worthy of that kind of trust. In this regard, at least, Yuuki is a lucky man.
Favorite Moment: Pecorine’s Unexpected but Welcomed Embrace
I like Karyl. I really do. But so help me, if she doesn’t get her act together, I’m going to say positively nasty things about her! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
I do not understand Karyl’s affection for Kaiser Insight. Karyl, for whatever reason, wants to be Kasier’s Princess Knight, and that desire makes Karyl a material danger to Pecorine and everyone in the kingdom.
I honestly think Pecorine knows what’s going on. I think that our Princess is fighting to win Karyl over. In this episode, she used a Princess Strike, but one that’s very different than what took down the golem.
Karyl tried to act disinterested when she, Yuuki, and Kokkoro found Pecorine still alive. Karyl even turned away to hide the tears in her eyes. But the ground gave way and she ended up falling into Pecorine’s lap.
Karyl looked back, shocked and crying. Pecorine regarded her for a moment, then leaned forward and enfolded Karyl in an embrace.
“I’m back,” Pecorine said (22:47).
“Dummy,” Karyl said. Then she added, “Welcome back.”
Karyl better get her priorities straightened out. She’s not going to find that kind warmth anywhere else. Especially from Kaiser Insight!
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 4: Other Posts
Other Anime Sites
- Reddit: Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 – Episode 5 discussion
- Anime Evo: Princess Connect! Re:Dive S2 – 05
- RABUJOI: Princess Connect! Re:Dive – S2 05 – The Princess Is in THIS Castle
This Site (Crow’s World of Anime!)
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 1: A Walk on the Gourmet Side ~Curiosity Is the Best Bouquet Garni~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 2: A Moody Cat’s Hesitation: Antipasto in the Moonlight
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 3: Tea Party in the Mysterious Forest: Afternoon Carries the Scent of Danger
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 4: The Budding Detective ~Mirror Glaze on the Mind~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive season 2 Episode 5: Light and Darkness as One ~Churrasco of Indecision and Resolve~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 6: Code Name: Monika ~Bouillabaisse Is Best Enjoyed Hot~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7: The Prankster Pixie ~Cuore in the Mist~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 8: A Letter to Join Feelings ~Arancini on the Green Hill~
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 9: Converging Hearts, Passing Souls: Crepes the Flavor of a Promise
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 10: Landosol at Sundown
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 11: Those Who Fight Back
- 3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 12: Connecting the Pieces with You Once More
2 thoughts on “3 Favorite Moments from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 5”
I’m willing to give Karyl time and space on this one. Whatever lead to it, her connection to that monster is strong. Ripping away from a bond that tight isn’t easily done. She’s doing her best to manage while being ripped in two opposite directions. Much as we’d like anyone in a bad relationship to simply walk away, it isn’t often that easy. All the more so when Karyl is the type to beat herself up. Even if everyone would forgive her in a heartbeat, she’s not going to easily forgive herself for deceiving them.
It’s a tough situation. As evidenced by Pecorine herself keeping secrets. She’s also punted telling Yuuki and Karyl the truth off because it’s such a difficult topic for her. Yeah, Karyl knows the story since she was eavesdropping. But Pecorine definitely doesn’t know that. Going to be a long road for Karyl as well. But she’s still doing the right things when push comes to shove. She’ll interfere in the maniacal plans to protect her friends. She’s got to give up on that toxic relationship. And clearly she has in the past. She was fighting alongside her friends in that flashback. We just have to give her the time to get there.
You know, I think you’re right. Leaving even an obviously abusive relationship is hard, and Kaiser is obviously an expert abuser. Your point about Karyl being so hard on herself is spot on, too. I think Kaiser knows that, too, and is taking advantage of it.
I guess my relative extreme statement in the caption is based on how many toxic relationships I’ve seen. It’s just so frustrating to see someone remaining in such a relationship and not being able to do anything to help!
And here I am reacting to a cat girl like she’s a real person! I like how well this show presents its characters.