Fire Force Season 2 Episode 1 Review – Quick Summary
In Fire Force Season 2 Episode 1, “A Fire Soldier’s Fight,” Shinra Kusakabe is elated when Iris invited him to go on a shopping trip with her, Maki Oze and Tamaki Kotatsu. He felt only slightly apprehensive when he learned they wanted to buy new outfits for their lieutenant, Takehisa Hinawa. Can they choose something the lieutenant will like? Or that their captain, Akitaru Obi, will accept? If an Infernal shows up while they are shopping, can they still keep the civilians safe? And most importantly: Can Tamaki keep her clothes from flying off of their own accord?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
Best in Show Moment for Fire Force Season 2 Ep 1
I had not realized how much I’d missed these guys until I saw them together again. The witch’s hat is awesome! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Setup: Maki, Iris, Tamaki, and Shinra Go Shopping
I didn’t realize how much I’d missed his show until I saw Shinra squinting up into the sun. Over the course of the previous season, I really bought into Shinra’s hopes to reunite his family, however unlikely that would be. I really liked the cast around him. And in this episode, everything that I liked about them was back. And thing things I didn’t like? Well, so far, they stayed in the first season.
Maki, Iris, and Tamaki were planning to go shopping. Iris asked Shinra if he’d like to come along, and the delight in his face was a wonder to behold. Even Tamaki’s tsundere attempt to make it look like she’d prefer he stay away was too obvious. Maki and Iris both told Shinra that Tamaki was not so secretly worried about him, having heard the story of his mom being a major demon Infernal.
So they went shopping. Until the Infernal equivalent of a Titan Abnormal showed up. But at the time, they didn’t know that. They only knew there was a fire-based commotion. Maki, as the senior Eighth Fire Force Company officer present, instantly took command. Shinra, Iris, and Tamaki enthusiastically followed her orders.
There was zero hesitation. As soon as the emergency became known, Maki assumed command. Shinra, Iris, and Tamaki listened to her orders. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Delivery: The 8th Special Fire Force Company Back in Action
Maki tasked Shinra with heading to the site and figuring out what was going on. So he did. And promptly ran into something we’ve never seen before. It was enormous. In fact, it was titan-sized! Shinra put up a solid fight, but within seconds, he found himself slammed to the ground and about to take a fireball the size of a car to the face.
Arthur showed up just in time and deflected the attack with Excalibur. Even as Arthur teased Shinra about being weak, the armored car carrying the 8th Special Fire Force Company arrived. Hinawa pummeled the monster Infernal with grenades.
The sound effects were, as usual for this series, spectacular.
Obi leapt from the truck and gave orders. Each of the company got a chance to show their stuff. Even Vulcan and Victor Licht contributed. Before the battle was done, each of the Company members contributed their skills. Even Tamaki had a successful attack, while at the same time keeping her clothes on!
The entire Company contributed. Even Tamaki! She bound the Infernal so Maki could launch her attack. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
It was fantastic seeing the team together again. I honestly love these characters. For example, I love Shinra’s naive dedication to his ideals and Iris’ quiet sense of humor. I love Maki’s oblivious self-deprecation. I mean, she doesn’t think she’d look good in a dress? Please! Best of all, I love how they all trusted Obi to come up with a great plan, and he trusted them to execute that plan.
I have really high hopes for this season!
What did you think of the calendar sequence? What was your Best in Show moment? Let me know in the comments!
Fire Force Season 2 Episode 1: Other Posts
Other Anime Sites
- Reddit: Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou – Episode 1 discussion
- I Drink and Watch Anime: Fire Force 2 Episode 1 – A Great Start
- AngryAnimeBitches: Enen no Shouboutai S2 Episode 1 [First Impressions]
This Site (Crow’s World of Anime!)
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 1 Review: A Fire Soldier’s Fight
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 2 Review: Flames of Madness
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 3 Review: A New Flashpoint
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 4 Review: Groping through the Fire
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 5 Review: Corna (Sign of the Devil) / A Secret Plan
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 6 Review: The Time to Choose
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 7 Review: Road to the Oasis
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 8 Review: Smoldering Malevolence
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 9 Review: The Core
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 10 Review: The Woman in Black
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Dark Hero
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 12 Review: Shadows Cast by Divine Light
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 13 Review: A Pair of One-Eyes
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 14 Review: The Ashen Reaper
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 15 Review: A Three-Way Melee
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 16 Review: Mind Blown
- Fire Force Season 2 Episode 17 Review: Boys, Be Weak