A Tag from Shallow Dives in Anime!
In ancient days, Dewbond from Shallow Dives in Anime created a tag called Give it a Light Novel Title. By ancient, I mean February 2020, which is, from where I sit in the USA, one month PC (Pre-COVID). I felt honored that he tagged me in the tag’s inaugural post. While I was already feeling guilty about not getting to this quickly enough, several other sites tagged me, too, like (listed with the earliest tags first):
- Lumi Reviews Things
- Pinkie’s Paradise
- Mat Doyle Media
- Inskime (which seems to have gone off line; I hope everything’s okay! I worry…)
So, in addition to Dewbond, I’d like to thank to Lumi, Pinkie, Matt Doyle, and Dana for the tag. Now, let’s see what I can do with it!
All tags have rules, unless it’s a tag where that explicitly prohibits rules, in which case, that’s a rule. So there are still rules.
Here are the rules for the Give it a Light Novel Title tag, copied verbatim from the Source of the Tag:
- Choose up to five anime, manga or visual novel series that have a short title
- Light novels that have shorter titles (Date A Live for example) are also allowed.
- Give these series a new title based on those classic overly long Light Novels we love!
- If someone has already picked a series you wanted. It’s OK! Let’s see your own take on the title!
- Link back to the original post so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas.
- Include Give it a Light Novel title in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily.
- Nominate around 1-6 bloggers (see below).
My Contribution to Give it a Light Novel Title
I just want to say for the record: While this was a ton of fun, humor is hard! I hope that you enjoy what I’ve come up with!
WARNING: My alternative title for Tower of God includes a spoiler. Please be aware!
I Hate This Eye Patch, But At Least My Umbrella Isn’t Trying to Kill Me
The Contaminoids Are One Thing, But What Really Scares Me is Felli’s Fury
The Savage Might be Huge But Not Nearly as Huge As Claire’s… Ego
We All Knew Panties were Powerful, But The Mere Sight of Them Destroying the World Seems a Tad Excessive
Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the price of glimpsing panties is too high if involves global extinction. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
My Childhood Sweetheart Left Me for the Stars and Then I Found Her But She Pushed Me to My Death and I Felt A Bit Miffed About It All
According the The Rules, I am now to nominate between 1 and 6 bloggers. So, I nominate:
- 100 Word Anime: Because Karandi has to come back at some point, right?
- RailGunFan75’s Geek Blog: I’m curious to see if Tony Ueberfluss uses the “A Certain…” universe as the basis for his post. It has enough series!
- Secluded Observation: Because Roki Bloop, having driven Secluded Observations for seven years, is bound to have some great ideas about titles.
- Yu Alexius Anime Portal: Because Yu Alexius often re-Tweets my Tweets, and it’s about time I return the favor! If this can be called a favor. I sure hope it can…
- The Anime Basement: Because Keni’s profound good taste in speaking well of Saber/Artoria deserves recognition!
Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my take on Light Novel Titles! Do you have other ideas for titles? Want to suggest some alternatives to mine? Let me know in the comments!