Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 10 – Quick Summary
In Infinite Stratos Season 1 episode 10, “Thin Red Line,” Ichika invited Cecilia to his room after dinner. Of course, she got her hopes up. But that didn’t last long, because when she arrived, she found Charlotte, Laura, Houki, and Ren already there – but outside with their ears pressed to the door. None of them could believe whose voice they heard inside! Later, they learned something that made who Ichika was entertaining the least of their worries.
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
Favorite Quote from Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 10
I remember the first time I tried wasabi. Ah, those were the days… Capture from the Blu Ray.
Charlotte’s been in Japan for quite a while. I bring this up because she should have known better than to pop an entire blob of wasabi into her mouth. Unless she had ulterior movies!
The episode started out at a spa. Either that, or the school has a really fancy wing that we haven’t seen before. Ichika used his chopsticks to pick up a tiny portion of wasabi, picked up a slice of fish, dipped it in soy sauce, and marveled at the flavor. He mentioned that the wasabi was the “real deal.”
Intrigued, Charlotte, who was sitting beside him, used her chopsticks to pop the whole dollop into her mouth.
First, kudos to her for learning to use the chopsticks. Just a few episodes ago, Ichika had to feed her when he brought a tray back, without a fork, to their room.
Second, if you’ve ever tasted wasabi, you know that Charlotte’s head practically exploded at the intensity. I’m pretty sure her sinuses will be clear until the end of the season. When Ichika showed concern, she said (00:41), “It was particularly flavorful and delicious.”
And maybe that was the point – getting Ichika’s sympathy! Because she really doesn’t seem the type to miss something like that.
Favorite Moment from Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 10
You can see the moment where Ichika finally realized they were talking about him. Capture from the Blu Ray.
Setup: The Dub’s on a Roll
Time for more dub vs sub fun! This episode continued the trend of supplying dub lines (and voice actor delivery) that I enjoyed more than the subbed version. Here are some examples:
- Around 02:15, when the assembled diners made a commotion over Ichika hand-feeing Cecilia. Chifuyu slammed open a door and yelled at them.
- Dub: “For the love of God, why can’t you just eat your food in silence?”
- Sub: “Can’t you all eat your food in silence?”
- Around 05:10, when Cecilia’s roommates decided to undress her to check out her racy underwear (with a disclaimer that forcibly undressing her was not cool):
- Dub: Character 1: “Oh, so that’s what naughty underwear looks like.” Character 2: “And she pulls it off well, too!””
- Sub: Character 1: ““So-called provocative underwear?” Character 2: “Well, well, you gotta hand it to Cecilia.”
Forcibly undressing Cecilia wasn’t cool. But at least they were complimentary about her choice of lingerie. Capture from the Blu Ray.
- Around 07:50, after Chifuyu sent Ichika to get drinks:
- Dub: “Okay, girls, what’s with the dead fish expressions?”
- Sub: “Hey, what’s happened to your usual commotion?”
- Around 08:26, in that same scene:
- Dub: Chifuyu: “That said, he comes at a price.” All the girls: “He’s for sale?” Chifuyu: “No, you fools.”
- Sub: Chifuyu: “Well? You want him?” All the girls: “You’re giving him?!” Chifuyu: “No way, you fools.”
- Around 15:37, when Chifuyu explained the situation with the runaway-IS, and Ichika kept acting shocked at every development.
- Dub: Rin: “Must everything surprise you?”
- Sub: Rin: “Quit getting surprised at every single thing!”
Delivery: Ichika, Not the Brightest Bulb
My favorite moment is a microcosm of Ichika’s world – namely, that he’s surrounded by competent, intelligent women. Which are two traits that cannot generally be associated with him.
Chifuyu laid out the mission: an unmanned IS co-developed between the United States and Israel had gone rogue. And can I just mention that calling it the Gospel with Israel involved sounded a little theologically tone-deaf?
When she asked if there were any questions, Cecilia didn’t hesitate. She asked about its specs. Ren offered her analysis, and so did Charlotte. They debated its weaponry and defense capabilities. Laura asked asked about a recon mission. Their skills as pilots were on full display.
After a few moments, Maya Yamada even weighed in. She said that only an IS with single-shot capabilities could take the IS down. All of the women around the briefing table were looking at Ichika. He obviously suffered from processing time lag. He hadn’t figured out what Maya had meant. Suddenly, it dawned on him.
“Huh? What?” he said (16:53). Which was as articulate as any of his contributions so far. Which is to say, not very.
Ichika had finally figured out they were talking about him, while Rin had already worked out their tactics. Capture from the Blu Ray.
He does get points for agreeing to go despite Chifuyu giving him a good excuse not to. It’s not that I doubt his bravery. But, come on. The man asked Cecilia to his room and didn’t have a clue how she would interpret that. How smart can he be?
What did you think of Tabane Shinonono’s entrance? What were your favorite moments from this episode? Feel free to let me know in the comments!
Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 10: Other Posts
Other Anime Sites
- Reddit: [Rewatch] IS: Infinite Stratos – Episode 10 (Spoilers)
- AngryAnimeBitches Anime Blog: Infinite Stratos episode 10: Harem and Bunny Girl
- Lost in Anime: Infinite Stratos – 10
This Site (Crow’s World of Anime!)
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 1: All of My Classmates Are Female
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 2: Class Representative Match!
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 3: The Transfer Student is the Second Childhood Friend
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 4: Showdown! The Class League Match!
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 5: Boy Meets Boy
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 6: My Roommate is a Young, Blonde Nobleman
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 7: Blue Days, Red Switch
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 8: Discover My Mind
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 9: Ocean’s Eleven
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 10: Thin Red Line
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 11: Get Ready
- Infinite Stratos Season 1 Episode 12: Your Name Is