Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7 Review – Quick Summary
In Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7, “The Prankster Pixie ~Cuore in the Mist~,” Chika ran stumbling through the forrest, a maniacal laugh relentlessly pursuing her. Feeling her memories slipping away with each step, she wondered aloud what she had unsealed. Then she came to a stop, her memories gone. Just what had Chika unleashed on the world? Why would a member in good standing of Carmina do such a thing? And what will this mean for our heroes, Pecorine, Kokkoro, Karyl, and Yuuki?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
Favorite Quote from Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7
It’s hard not to appreciate Karyl’s “Stern Lecture Mode” expression. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
The number of fun Karyl expressions was very high this episode. That’s a really good sign! Even better, most of her expressions had nothing to do with her being emotionally distraught or being in mortal danger. So, it was a pretty good episode for her, too!
Karyl and friends were heading for a meal when they ran into Ayane Hojo and Kurumi Kuribayashi. The two had tried to find some honey, but their quest went sideways, as quests often do in this world. Ayane had to do most of the talking, because her friend Kurumi was painfully shy.
Pecorine was overcome with emotion when she learned they were searching for honey to make drinks for the woman who ran their orphanage. Pecorine scooped up both of the young women in a bear hug.
We know Pecorine, so we know she was trying to show them affection and support them in their efforts to do good. The two of them had never met Pecorine before, so they kind of panicked.
“Hey, come on,” Karyl said in full snark mode (03:50). “You just met the poor kids. Don’t freak them out.”
Karyl makes a valid point. The two girls did look rather freaked out.
Best in Show Moment for Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7
I think the two of them needed this moment. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Setup: Princess Connect Goes Beyond Tropes
Part of me wants to analyze every aspect of this episode to answer a very simple question: “How the hell did they provoke such an intense emotional response?” The other part of my brain just wants to experience the story and the characters. This series has always appealed to me. In this season, especially in the last four episodes, it’s put me in an emotional state that I’ve only experienced with a handful of artistic works.
Despite the slightly less intense action (compared to episode four and episode five), this episode hit an emotional high mark. It transcended the concept of One True Pairing (OTP) and brought before us a moment of pure emotion, beyond expectations or cliches.
Pecorine said she felt like she could keep running like that forever. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
And they did it after a perfect OTP moment.
Remember when Karyl twisted her ankle? She was not about to let Pecorine help her. Karyl felt sick of being a burden, and she wanted to prove her worth to Pecorine. But Pecorine is Pecorine. Empty gestures only encourage her to get more real. So, she scooped Karyl up into a piggy-back ride that ended up piercing even Karyl’s tough emotional exterior. I haven’t seen such a joyful ride since Risa Shiramine and Kaede Honjou/Maple. After watching that scene, I told myself those two are freaking adorable together.
Princess Connect was only getting warmed up.
Delivery: Karyl and Pecorine’s Moment of Pure Joy
They made it to the spring where they thought they could find the the “Prankster Pixie” seal. As Pecorine hummed and dangled her feet in the water, Karyl picked out the burs from Pecorine’s hair. Did you see the detail in the animation? Couldn’t you just feel the quiet intimacy?
As Karyl almost lectured her that a Princess should behave with more decorum (careful there, Karyl!), Pecorine gave one of her musical laughs and said Karyl sounded just like her big sister. Karyl’s stubborn steak attacked, and she said there’s no way she’d want such a troublesome little sister.
Then Pecorine laughed again and said (14:44), “I guess Kokkoro would be our mom, since she’s so responsible. And Yuuki…”
Karyl paused just before they both burst into laughter. Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
She trailed off, trying to think of Yuuki’s role. Karyl had a ready answer, saying, “He’s obviously the youngest brother.”
There was a split second of silence, and then the two of them collapsed laughing against each other. The voice actors, Rika Tachibana for Karyl and Mao Ichimichi for Pecorine, performed perfectly in this moment. The animation showed the water sparkling in the foreground and the trees in the background softly out of focus. This was not a moment that should be described in tropes or cliches. It was just two people being there for one another and sharing a moment of quiet intimacy. Heaven knows they both need such a moment, after all they’ve been through. And with all that is to come.
What did you think of Yuuki’s latest memory? What were your favorite moments? Feel free to let me know in the comments!
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7: Other Posts
Other Anime Sites
- Reddit: Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 – Episode 7 discussion
- Anime Evo: Princess Connect! Re:Dive S2 – 07
- RABUJOI: Princess Connect! Re:Dive – S2 07 – Foggy Memories
This Site (Crow’s World of Anime!)
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 1: A Walk on the Gourmet Side ~Curiosity Is the Best Bouquet Garni~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 2: A Moody Cat’s Hesitation: Antipasto in the Moonlight
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 3: Tea Party in the Mysterious Forest: Afternoon Carries the Scent of Danger
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 4: The Budding Detective ~Mirror Glaze on the Mind~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 5: Light and Darkness as One ~Churrasco of Indecision and Resolve~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 6: Code Name: Monika ~Bouillabaisse Is Best Enjoyed Hot~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7: The Prankster Pixie ~Cuore in the Mist~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 8: A Letter to Join Feelings ~Arancini on the Green Hill~
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 9: Converging Hearts, Passing Souls: Crepes the Flavor of a Promise
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 10: Landosol at Sundown
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 11: Those Who Fight Back
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 12: Connecting the Pieces with You Once More