In One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 01 (a.k.a., episode 13), "Return of the Hero," Saitama and Genos return to do super-powered stuff like shop for groceries. In fact, as they're out on just such a shopping trip, they see S-ranked hero named King. Civilians impressed with his feats are fawning all over him. Even Saitama is impressed that King has his own action figure. But when a super-powered villain shows up, Saitama is surprised to see how King reacts. Why did King rush to the restroom after negotiating a brief pause before combat starts? How long can Genos hold out against the super villain? And how harshly will Saitama judge King for his choice in video games?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
King was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortunately, Saitama was there, too. Capture from the Hulu stream.
Best Moment in the Show
This moment had been building. We saw King panic when the super villain challenged him. I mean, he excused himself to use the restroom first (saying that the villain wouldn't have nearly the enjoyable fight it he was holding it!) -- then he nearly threw up in the public restroom (5:04). We got a hint even in the restroom: King said monsters just showed up wherever he was. He didn't even want to be a hero! Then, instead of returning to the battle, he high-tailed it home, where Saitama followed him. Saitama is still his clear-thinking self; he wanted to know why an S-class hero was hiding, playing a video game, as Genos fought. So as they played video games, get got the flashbacks to understand the situation: King had never defeated a villain in his life. Someone else had done the fighting, every single time. And when we finally find out who, it's one of those "ah-ha!" moments. A huge monster tries to get to King, but Saitama stops it with one hand. He remembers back to one time in particular when a super hero in yellow tights and a cape walked by him to destroy the villain (12:00). Can you guess who it was? Yep. It was Saitama. Every time King had been credited with killing the monster or villain, it was actually Saitama who had done it. Seeing One Punch Man casually stride across the screen in King's flashback was my favorite moment in this episode.
Other Posts about This Series
Other Anime Sites
- Reddit: Discussion of One Punch Man Season 2 - Episode 1 discussion
- Beneath the Tangles: First Impression: One Punch Man 2
This Site (Crow's World of Anime!)
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 02 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 03 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 04 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 05 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 06 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 07 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 08 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 09 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 10 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 11 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 12 – Best in Show