In One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 02 (a.k.a., episode 14), “The Human Monster,” Saitama is playing a hand-held game he “borrowed” from King while Genos washes the dishes. Suddenly, Genos senses someone approaching and, not wanting to interrupt Saitama (who just overwrote King’s saved game), he investigates. It’s Speed-o’-Sound Sonic, back for revenge from the — ahem! — crushing defeat he suffered at Saitama’s fist in the first season. Genos attacks to save Saitama the trouble, but Speed-o’-Sound Sonic is really, really fast. Meanwhile, Hellish Blizzard Fubuki, younger sister to the legendary Terrible Tornado Tatsumaki, shows up and tries to bully Saitama into joining her posse. Will Genos be able to actually strike his opponent? Will Fubuki get anywhere trying to bully Saitama? And how will King react when he learns Saitama erased his saved games?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
“Serious Sideways Jumps,” huh? I’m beginning to think that in addition to raw power, Saitama’s super power is ridiculousness! Capture from the Hulu stream.
Best Moment in the Show
We’ve seen again and again (this season and last!) how capable Genos is. He’s truly an S-class hero. In this episode, we got a protracted view of his upgraded fighting capabilities, and he did quite well against Speed-o’-Sound Sonic (and I still have to fight the urge to cross my legs when I see him!). In fact, the villain had been practicing in anticipation of a rematch with Saitama, so he showed up ready to fight. After a furious battle, Genos decided that his opponent was so fast that there was only one path to victory: an area attack that would incinerate everything around him. But just as he was about to unleash a maelstrom, he fell, completely incapacitated (15:15). But it wasn’t the villain who put him on the ground. It was Saitama! Turns out he was feeling protective of his neighborhood, and besides, as he said to Genos, “Were you built for petty fights like this?” The fact that Saitama went on to utterly destroy Speed-o’-Sound Sonic with a ridiculous move called “Serious Series… Serious Sideways Jumps” was just icing on the cake. It wasn’t even an impact that defeated his opponent. It was the shock waves.
Other Posts about This Series
Other Anime Sites
This Site (Crow’s World of Anime!)
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 01 – Best In Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 03 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 04 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 05 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 06 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 07 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 08 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 09 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 10 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 11 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 12 – Best in Show