In One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 08 (a.k.a., episode 20), "The Resistance of the Strong," the Monster Association's plan marches inexorability forward. Goketsu, the monster that intruded on the martial arts tournament, gave the contestants a choice: Eat the monster cells and become monsters, or die. One by one, the remaining contestants tried to fight back -- and were smashed -- or gave into their fears. Suiryu attacked one of the new monsters and defeated it easily. Can he do as well against Goketsu? Or will Goketsu turn him into a smear on the broken pavement?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
Best Moment in the Show
Saitama's attitude made a powerful statement about what it means to be a hero. Maybe Suiryu will learn from his example! Capture from the Hulu stream.
One Punch Man excels at building up to amazing battles. On several occasions, it built up a character's power to the point I thought he or she could rival Saitama. Then they'd actually come up against our hero, and we'd usually get a powerful reminder that he's in a class by himself.
In this episode, we gone one hell of a build up!
We've seen just how powerful Suiryu is. With the exception of Saitama, he's beaten every opponent he's ever faced.
This episode ended his winning streak. Decisively.
To his credit, he tried to rise and fight on, only to endure another beat down. It was so bad that when two heroes arrived and tried to buy him time to escape, he was grateful. Suiryu. Grateful! That made his next defeat even harder to watch. A new monster named Bakuzan pounded Suiryu within inches of his life. He was in so much pain, and his spirits in such shambles, that he screamed for a hero to come save him from the monster (20:44). His cries were pitiful! I don't mean that dismissively, either. He was actually pitiful.
That made my favorite moment something special to savor!
As the new monster brought it foot down to crush the life out of Suiryu, something flashed. The monster was surprised that nothing was under his foot. That was because Saitama had heard the cries for help.
"You fought hard on your own," Saitama told Suiryu (22:15). "Let me take care of the rest."
No bragging. No long-winded speeches. Just a hero looking to do hero stuff.
I don't think I've ever been happier to see Saitama!
Other Posts about This Series
Other Anime Sites
This Site (Crow's World of Anime!)
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 01 – Best In Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 02 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 03 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 04 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 05 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 06 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 07 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 09 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 10 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 11 – Best in Show
- Review: One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 12 – Best in Show