In To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 06, "The King of Beasts," Hank Henriette decided to accept the invitation from Cain Madhouse, in part because he wanted to rescue Nancy Schaal Bancroft and in part because of his mission. Meanwhile, Claude and his troops discover evidence that Cain is in the vicinity. They, too, converge on the dinner party. Will Hank be able to save Schaal? Why is Claude so vehement about confronting Cain? And just what is Cain planning to do?
Note: This post may include spoilers, so be cautious.
Best Moment in the Show
Never bring a knife to a gun fight. Instead, bring the equivalent of a grenade launcher! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
You know how sometimes the protagonists underestimate the villain? I hate when that happens. On the other hand, when the protagonist or protagonists are prepared? That's fun to watch, and that's just what happened in this episode.
Hank arrived at the party, which was well-attended by obviously rich men and women. One of them even tried to engage Hank in conversation, which went about as well as you would guess. Soon, Cain came out (on a balcony, of course, so he could look down on everybody) and gave a rambling speech about their path to power. He brought out his Incarnates, and I couldn't be sure, but there might have been different ones than we met in the first episode. Then he turned his Incarnates loose on the crowd -- I guess he figured he'd gotten all the money he needed!
There wasn't much Hank could do. There were too many Incarnates. He was surprised when Northern soldiers began crashing through the windows, and Claude, their leader, came in with them. I'll give Cain credit -- his Incarnates were well-trained and tried to protect him.
Fortunately, Claude was prepared with what looked like a grenade launcher. He punched a hole clear through Cain's chest.
You know, they got this far, so I can't fault their tactics. They couldn't know just how powerful Cain really was! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Of course, Cain is a vampire, so that flesh wound wasn't fatal. But Hank was ready leaping free of the two Incarnates who were trying to delay him, he hurled his spear into Cain's face! Then he detonated it. The explosion disintegrated Cain's torso, arms, and head.
Most of the time, I'd call that a victory. And I thought it was my Best in Show moment! It's not Hank or Claude's fault that Cain was more powerful than they could have expected and regenerated even from that catastrophic damage.
On an unrelated note, I wasn't ready for how angry I felt when Cain pulled the trigger...
What did you think of Cain's party? What was your Best in Show moment? Let me know in the comments!
Other Posts about This Series
Other Anime Sites
This Site (Crow's World of Anime!)
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 01 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 02 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 03 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 04 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 05 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 06 – Best In Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 07 – Best in Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 08 – Best in Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 09 – Best in Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 10 – Best in Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 11 – Best in Show
- Review: To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 12 – Best in Show