In Re:ZERO Season 2 episode 28, “The Long-Awaited Reunion,” Subaru faces one of his toughest challenges yet: he has to have tea. But you know Subaru’s luck. It’s not just tea, and it’s with a witch. No, not the witch, but a witch nonetheless, and any meeting with one of them is chock full of danger.
Just how much danger can such a “tender young maiden” represent? Quite a lot, as it turns out! Capture from the Crunchyroll stream.
Subaru doesn’t meet Satella, the Witch of Envy. Instead, he meets Echidna, the Witch of Greed. The meeting was, let’s say, interesting, from the type of tea she served to the information she shared and likely didn’t share.
And that was only the first part of the episode!
Did Subaru have to use Return by Death in this episode? What did we learn about Witches from Echidna? Did they make it to Sanctuary? You can find out by reading our review here!
Reviews of the Other Episodes
- Re:Zero 2 episode 1 – Like Dejà Vu All Over Again
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 2 (ep 27) – The Lost Forest of Clemaldy
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 3 (ep 28) – The Long-Awaited Reunion
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 4 (ep 29) – That Should Not Have Worked
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 5 (ep 30) – Once More Unto the Breach
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 6 (ep 31) – Knifey and the Three Maids
- Re:ZERO 2 episode 7 (ep 32) – Beatrice’s Reasons
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 8 (or 33) – Before I Heard You, I Saw You
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 9 (or 34) – Natsuki Subaru and the Magical Maniacal Menagerie
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 10 (or 35) – The Witch’s Tears and the Apostle of Greed
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 11 (or 36) – Fridge Horror
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 12 (or 37) – Evil Rem and the Uninvited Guest
- Re:ZERO 2 Episode 13 (or 38) – What is Taken Shall Be Returned